THE HOWARD VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
The first meeting of the Howard Volunteer Fire Department was held on June 23, 1959. Carl Willis donated a building and the first truck was purchased from the Dundee Fire Department for $100. The current building that houses the department was built in 1997. This facility is constantly being used by the community and other groups. The current roster has 35 members and the goal of the department is to actively be recruiting new members. There are five fire trucks and many other pieces of fire and rescue equipment. The department continues to upgrade its equipment and facility in a manner that is both proactive to meet the needs of the community and at the same time economically feasible.
Please also visit their Facebook page.